2) Are current on the following vaccines: Only vaccines administered by a licensed veterinarian will be accepted.
– Rabies -Canine Distemper/Parvo Combination* – Bordetella (6 months nasal* or annual oral or injection**)
* As an annual/tri-annual booster or given at least 7 full days prior to drop-off. ** Administered at least 3 full days prior to drop-off.
3) Are current on vet-approved flea/tick medication each stay
4) Attend a brief 10-15 minute Meet and Greet with their human! Just like us, dogs are sensitive to changes in their routines. Coming to a new place with new faces can be stressful for many dogs. In order to help set your dog up for a successful and relaxed experience we need them to come in, meet us and know that this is a fun place! We’ll call you to schedule the meet and greet once we’ve got your dog’s Dog Profile.
The Missouri Department of Conservation (and other similar agencies) has not been able to confirm the efficacy of the rabies vaccine in these animals; therefore, it is not safe for us or our guests to house them. Additionally, we do not have the outdoor containment space for captive wild animals required by the State of Missouri.
What You Need to Bring for Your Dog
You must provide your dog’s dry food in resealable bags. Please be sure enough food is provided for your dog’s entire stay (and extra in case of travel delays). Feel free to bring your dog’s favorite treats or snacks!
Your dog’s medications and/or supplements must be provided in the original container/package provided by your veterinarian complete with prescribing information and dosage. Over-the-counter supplements must be in their original container with dosing information legible.
You must also provide a way for us to administer the medication to your dog (i.e., Pill Pocket, lunch meat, cheese, peanut butter, etc.)
We will NOT force the pills down your dog’s throat, both for your dog’s comfort and safety and for ours. If your dog will not willingly take her/his meds, or in the event more than 3 medications must be administered, Percy’s Playground recommends boarding at your veterinarian.
Please note: We apologize for any inconvenience, but we DO NOT give injections to guest dogs.
Please do not bring your dog’s bed or a pillow. But we do recommend bringing a shirt with your smell on it. 😊
• And don’t forget to sign up for aPercy’s Perkor two to make your pet’s stay even more special!